How it works
The Practical Planning approach that our part-time Senior Strategy & Planning Manager takes is as follows:
(1) Understand your business – they will first of all build up an in-depth understanding of your company through an intensive fact-finding approach
(2) Research – they then build on this by researching your market, competitors and customers to gain a deep knowledge from which new insight, direction and ideas can flow
(3) Planning workshop – they will then lead a 1 day workshop with you and your colleagues, looking at all areas of your business, to identify new opportunities, fresh direction, compelling ideas and the top priorities that will deliver the most benefit. This is really valuable time for you – taking a step back from the business, giving you time to think, have fresh ideas and really focus on what’s most important going forward.
(4) Create the plan – they then create the plan, which can be as ambitious as you want it to be. A practical, actionable, living document that you can use to drive your business forward over the next 12 months, and which everyone in the company can understand and get behind.
(5) Communication – our part-time Senior Strategy & Planning Manager will communicate the plan with you as widely as you wish, both to colleagues as well as to external audiences, such as your bank, accountants and other business partners.
(6) Tracking and reviewing – they can review the Plan regularly with you and your team throughout the year, to make sure everything is progressing as it should, and you are on track to deliver your plan.